Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Life List?

After seeing the movie 'The Bucket List', my ex-coworker Bill Murrell told me that he put his life list to paper. His is currently 69 things long. And he also encouraged me to make my own 'life list' and work on it. Here is my reply:

There are things in life that we can never imagine ourselves doing, but we celebrate those who do. My list includes bungee jumping, jumping out of an airplane for "fun," running into a burning building and being a professional educator.

I understand the rush that you feel when bungee jumping or sky diving is awesome; I'll take your word for it. I am awestruck by the many men and women who risk their lives every day in service of our country, whether in the military, law enforcement or fire services. As a Buddhist, now I want to focus on the one and only goal, which is, 'To be enlightened before I hit the bucket'.

John Goddard was an exceptional to make 127 things at age 15. I only had one thing in mind at that age: 'To be a successful ballerina'. Nonetheless, dancing is still my favorite hobby. I just finished our annual Dance Performance last weekend and it was a blast for me.

Endeavor on your life list, my friend. I'll share your glory.

No comments: