Total Pageviews

Monday, September 29, 2014

Autumn Beauty

We received a solicitation card in the mail from a local artist Leisa Collins who does personalized watercolor house portraits from across the USA and have now created house portraits in 41 states and in 30 different architectural styles. The styles include Craftsman homes, Bungalows, Victorian, historic homes and more. Her general price range for a house portrait is $350 to $695, depending on size and framing and to some degree the detail in the house itself.


Just as personal tastes vary, every home is uniquely different, so my hubby said that we could utilize Photo Shop to mimic the watercolor effect from a camera-taken picture. Since I don't have Photo Shop to play with, let's just enjoy the fall faves from my newly painted house pictures.

Had I had a magic wand of paint brush, I'd still paint my dream house Yellow......




See how yummy buttery yellow could look in our California Ranch style house exterior.
Consider this warm hue a blank canvas on walls, it works as a neutral and keeps any space open and bright.
Don't get too caught up on a perfect color match. Layer varying shades of orange--even golds--into a space for a gorgeous complementary palette. Enjoy this Halloween spirit!
Warm reds with lavender Cora Vinca....

At the corner of my backyard patio....

No comments: