Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Taiwan Trip August 2018

One year (對年) for my father-in-law's anniversary (忌日),there were some kind of formal activities plus religious pujas. We took this opportunity to have a little fun after such solemn events.

Sun-Moon Lake (日月潭) had changed ten folds ever since my childhood memory. Scenery is still astonishing though, except the crowds made me uncomfortable. Nonetheless, it's always been a rather unusual gathering for 4 families together!

新竹城隍廟(Temple in Hsin-Chu) is quite a place for night market. The good thing about traveling Taiwan is food and fruit. I don't want to miss those native dishes plus authentic semi-tropical fruits.

As a result of craving for all kinds of  exotic (to me) seafood, my stomach started protesting and ended up indigestion. What a bummer! I was fed on porridge for a whole week.

Taiwan was hit hard due to global warming. Here in Kaohsiung, not a single day during our stay was without rain. Right before we got ready to board the airplane, the thunder storm hit the area really bad. Luckily, we missed the potential typhoon. And sadly, A-Liang (阿亮) got really sick from catching cold in the rain.

Cannot wait to come back to our warm beds and rest....

Now, enjoy this short movie clip:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Swirr7aZwuoQKA6W8

No comments: